Thursday, February 1, 2018

#CharactersTell ! Its present and future and...

 Why hello there!
 I know, I said 'tomorrow' a couple days ago, but between the exhaustion for that last post I made and the side effects of developing my psychic powers, things got a tad hectic and I kinda missed the deadline. Sorry.

I'm really trying to explode things with my mind. The migraine is only a byproduct of that.
 But hey, we're here now and that's all that matters!
 And with quite the topic to talk about, too!

 If you guys arrived here on Twitter, you probably are aware that I'm the host of a writing #game called #CharactersTell. And today we're going to cover that - what it is, how it came to be, and what are the plans for the future.

The story so far:

 As I think I mentioned just a couple of times in this blog already, probably in a very subtle way, I'm quite a fan of characters. I think they're the true meat of a story, the way a reader can experience the world they're projected upon, experience drama, interactions and tension, all that fun stuff.

In picture: my level of subtlety on the subject
 So I created this #game on Twitter (you can find it on the sidebar) where not only we explore and get to know the main characters, but the antagonist, the side characters and even people in the setting that us readers wouldn't even know about thanks to the background characters week.
 Admittedly, I'm not the only one in this concept - the amazing #CharacterTherapy from Vivyan Lynne follows a similar concept on a weekly chat, and if you like #CharactersTell you should totally check that out too.

 But, after two months and a growing following, I thought it's time to think about the future.

So, what now?

 I could just explain what is gonna happen from now on, hopefully every week, but I think it's better if I show you instead. After all, 'Show Don't Tell' is pretty common critique among authors, innit?

 So, without further ado, please let me welcome Zoe, the Main Character of Tiogair my upcoming Cyberfantasy thriller with erotica elements.

--------

 Zoe:
 Wait, what. Uh.. Are we sure about this?
 You didn't say anything about a real interview. The hell?


Just roll with it. Tell us a bit more about you. Who are you, where are you from...


Zoe:
You're still paying me for this, right?
*shrugs*
Right, I'm Zoe, I'm a Scorpio, I'm a gatecrasher currently 
living in Cerulean Springs, in a pretty damn technologically advanced world...it was Colorado Springs, but things got fucked soo.
I'm a zoomorph, which is a cute way of saying I'm a big, human-shaped animal. A tiger, in my case.
I'm an apt alchemist, Materium Ether user, basically a mage with lightning bolts and shit, and...well...


You can tell us, it's not gonna bite you in the ass.


Alright...Well. I'm an underground mercenary. I'm hired as an operative for various...well, not really nice jobs.


Wanna tell us about the Gatecrash?


*Glares* Three years ago, something fucked up and the whole world changed. Magic came back, we call it Ether, and along with that a whole plethora of other fun things - people mutating like me, portals opening all over, monsters, ruins...you know, riots, people dying, all that delightful package.


Considering the world you live in... Still, you're not originary from this city, are you?


Hah! Nah mate. I'm Irish. Born and raised. And proud of it.


Speaking of which. Sometimes you use some words people might not understand, like 'Feis ort'. What does that mean?


*Bursts out laughing*
Pff. Really wanna know? Means 'fuck off'. Depending on what you're gonna ask, you might receive a couple yourself.
Oh, and to you out there, if I'm not saying that right, blame him, not me.


So, we're entering February...thoughts on the month of love?


More revenge setups contracts from morons with too much money to their name.


And what about you? You did come back in contact with Tai recentely...


You really don't wanna go down that route. Me and him are done.
Not to mention, I've got my eyes set on someone already.


Fair enough. Considering the post before this, we're gonna cut this a bit shorter, but...come on, tell our viewers a secret about you.


I've got a cock along with all the rest. And I'm not afraid to use it. *chuckles*


Really? It's not a secret, you know. What about your name? You know I know...


Then you know this is not a wise question.

Come on...


*Gets up* Aight. I've got things to do. Stuff to shoot. People to save, possibly. I'm gonna expect the payment on my bank account. And oh. Right. Feis ort. Ya fuck.


--------

 Well, I mean...that could have gone better. But yes. This was Zoe, ladies, gentlemen and others!
 Please give her an applause as she...angrily...storms out..muttering stuff about murdering me...

 Moving swiftly on, this is just the first of a series of interviews in which YOUR  characters can take part of! Planning to do this every week, in correlation with the various 'type' of characters week, next Monday I wanna host one of your antagonists to interview here!
 If you're interested in partecipating, please Direct Message me ON TWITTER (private messages or emails won't be taken into account) and we can sort out where to put the character you want to showcase!

 So come on! Let's get to know your imaginary people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#CharactersTell Main Character Week - Interview with Elle Deschampes

Wow...well, September has been a bit of an eventful month in RL for me, but we're luckily back to our regular schedule - and not only th...